UCNS3D is fundamentally a research platform, it enables Research & Development in the field of Computational Fluid Dynamics, from spatial and temporal discretisation schemes to Riemann solvers and turbulence models. The current state of UCSN3D is attributed to extensive collaborative research and funded projects.
- P. Tsoutsanis, M. Dumbser,“Arbitrary high-order central non-oscillatory schemes on mixed-element unstructured meshes”,Computer and Fluids, (2021), V225, 104961.
- P. A.S.F. Silva, P. Tsoutsanis, A. F. Antoniadis,“Simple multiple reference frame for high-order solution of hovering rotors with and without ground effect”,Aerospace Science and Technology, (2021), V111, 106518.
- P. Farmakis, X. Nogueira, P. Tsoutsanis,“WENO schemes for unstructured meshes using a relaxed a posteriori MOOD limiting approach”,Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 2020, V363, 112921.
- F. Ricci, P. A.S.F. Silva, P. Tsoutsanis, A. F. Antoniadis,“Hovering rotor solutions by high-order methods on unstructured grids”, Aerospace Science and Technology, (2020), V97, 105648.
- P. Tsoutsanis “Stencil selection algorithms for WENO schemes on unstructured meshes”, Journal of Computational Physics, 2019, V4, 100037.
- P. Tsoutsanis “Extended bounds limiter for high-order finite-volume schemes on unstructured meshes”, Journal of Computational Physics, 2018, V362, p.69-94.
- N. Simmonds, P. Tsoutsanis, A. F. Antoniadis, K. W. Jenkins, “Low-Mach number treatment for Finite-Volume schemes on unstructured meshes”, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 2018 , V336, p. 368-394.
- P. Tsoutsanis, A. F. Antoniadis, K. W. Jenkins, “Improvement of the computational performance of a parallel unstructured WENO finite volume CFD code for Implicit Large Eddy Simulation”, Computer and Fluids, 2018, V173, p.157-170.
- A. F. Antoniadis, P. Tsoutsanis, D. Drikakis, “Assessment of high-order finite volume methods on unstructured meshes for RANS solutions of aeronautical configurations”, Computer and Fluids, 2017, V146, p.86-104.
- P. Tsoutsanis, D. Drikakis, “A high-order finite-volume method for atmospheric flows on unstructured grids”, Journal of Coupled Systems and Multiscale Dynamics, 2016,V4, p.170-186.
- N. Simmonds, P. Tsoutsanis, A. Gaylard, “Implementation of a low-Mach number modification for High-Order Finite-Volume Schemes for Arbitrary Hybrid Unstructured Meshes”, ECCOMAS 2016 Congress, Crete, Greece, 2016, p. 2900-2915.
- P. Tsoutsanis, D. Drikakis, “Addressing the Challenges of Implementation of High-Order Finite-Volume Schemes for Atmospheric Dynamics on Unstructured Meshes”, ECCOMAS 2016 Congress, Crete, Greece, 2016, p. 684-708.
- H. Srinivasan, P. Tsoutsanis, “AMR techniques for High-Order Finite-Volume Weno Scheme”, ECCOMAS 2016 Congress, Crete, Greece, 2016, p. 2883-2899.
- P. Tsoutsanis , I.W. Kokkinakis ,L. Konozsy, D. Drikakis, R.J.R. Williams, D. Youngs, “Comparison of structured and unstructured-grid, compressible and incompressible methods using the vortex pairing problem”, Journal of Computer methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 2015, V293, p207-231.
- A. F. Antoniadis, P.Tsoutsanis, Z. Rana, I.Kokkinakis, D. Drikakis “Azure: An Advanced CFD software suite based on High-Resolution and High-order Methods”, AIAA Aerospace Science Conference, Florida, USA, 2015.
- A. F. Antoniadis, P.Tsoutsanis, D. Drikakis, “Numerical Accuracy in RANS Computations of High-Lift Multi-Element Airfoil and Aircraft Configurations”, 53rdAIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Florida, USA, 2015.
- I. W. Kokkinakis, A. F. Antoniadis, D. Drikakis, P.Tsoutsanis, Z. Rana, “High-Order Methods for Hypersonic Shock Wave Turbulent Boundary Layer Interaction”, 20th AIAA International Space Planes and Hypersonics Systems and Technologies Conference,Glasgow, Scotland, 2015.
- P. Tsoutsanis, A.F. Antoniadis, D. Drikakis, “WENO Schemes on Arbitrary Unstructured Meshes for Laminar, Transitional and Turbulent Flows”, Journal of Computational Physics, 2014, V256, p254-276.
- A. F. Antoniadis, P. Tsoutsanis, D. Drikakis, “High-order schemes on mixed-element unstructured grids for aerodynamic flows“, 42nd AIAA Fluid Dynamics Conference and Exhibit, Louisiana, New Orleans, USA, 2012.
- P. Tsoutsanis, V. Titarev, D. Drikakis, “WENO schemes on arbitrary mixed-element unstructured meshes in three space dimensions”, Journal of Computational Physics, 2011, V230, p.1585-1601.
- A. F. Antoniadis, K. H. Iqbal, E. Shapiro, N. Asproulis, D. Drikakis “Comparison of high-order Finite Volume and Discontinuous Galerkin methods on 3D unstructured grids”, AIP conference proceedings, 1389, 1886, 2011.
- V. Titarev, P.Tsoutsanis, D. Drikakis, “WENO Schemes for mixed-element unstructured meshes”, Journal of Communications on Computational Physics, 2010, V8, p585-609
- EPSRC Tier-2 High-Performance Computing CSD was awarded under Grant number EP/P020259/1.
- EPSRC and UK Turbulence Consortium access was provided to the UK national high-performance facility ARCHER, under the EPSRC Grant number EP/L000261/1.
- EPSRC pilot access on Knights Landing architecture see benchmark results from EPCC here.
- EPSRC iCASE award by Jaguar Land Rover under Grant number 13794.
© 2021 UCNS3D Built with WordPress and Elementor.